For 4 persons
350 ml unsweetened vegetable milk
2 tbsp broken flaxseed
60 g vegetable butter, melted
200 g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp oregano, dried
50 g vegan cheese, grated
Freshly ground salt and pepper
For the toppings
180 g vegetable chicken pieces
60 g yellow and green radish sprouts
2 avocados, sliced
Vegetable oil or butter for frying
- Turn on a waffle iron. Mix the crushed flaxseed with 5 tbsp water and set aside for five minutes.
- Mix the vegetable milk with the melted butter and flaxseed mixture. Then add the wholemeal flour, baking powder, the oregano, grated vegan cheese and some freshly ground salt and pepper. Stir well, but not too much. This will keep your waffles fluffy.
- Grease the waffle iron. Divide half the batter between your waffle iron. Do you have a waffle iron with two compartments? Then divide the batter into quarters.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the waffles are cooked. This can vary from one waffle iron to another. In any case, do not open the waffle iron too early, as you will pull the batter apart. Remove the waffles from the iron and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil or butter in a pan and fry the chicken pieces crispy with a pinch of salt. Tip: you can also go for marinated chicken pieces here.
Serve the waffles with the chicken pieces and some avocado wedges. Add the radish sprouts on top.