Alfalfa is one of the better known sprout vegetables. It has a neutral, fresh taste. Besides being very tasty, it is also very healthy. It is full of vegetable proteins and is a source of vitamin A and folic acid.
Alfalfa is very tasty in salads and on sandwiches.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Energy 137 KJ/32,7 Kcal
- Fats 0.7 g
- Of which saturated 0,1 g
- Carbohydrates 2.9 g
- Of which sugars 0,2 g
- Dietary fibre 2.6 g (high fibre)
- Proteins 2.4 g (high-protein)
- Salt 0.0 g
- Moisture 93.5 g
- Copper 0.16 mg (source of)
- Vitamin A 155,0 mcg(source of)
- Folic acid 36.0 mcg (source of)