For 12 pieces
1 tbsp flour + 6 tbsp water
12 spring roll sheets
100 g of noodles
100 g bean sprouts
100 g white cabbage, in strips
1 carrot, julienne
1 l frying oil
Freshly ground salt and pepper
For the pulled jackfruit
200 g jackfruit (drained by weight)
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
6 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp cane sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
Oil for frying
Sweet chilli sauce
- Mix the flour with the water and set aside.
- Prepare the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Cut into small pieces.
- Mix in the soy sauce with the cane sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside.
- Chop the hard pieces of the jackfruit and pull apart the rest of the jackfruit. Fry the garlic in a frying pan with some oil and add the jackfruit after two minutes. Fry for three minutes and then add the soy sauce mixture. Fry the bean sprouts, white cabbage and carrot for another 5 minutes or so. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take a spring roll sheet and put some of the filling on it diagonally. Fold the bottom corner of the spring roll sheet up to half. Fold the two sides over and then roll up the spring roll. Use the flour pudding as 'glue' when gluing the spring roll shut. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the frying oil to 180 degrees. Fry the spring rolls until golden brown and crispy. Serve with the chilli sauce.